Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Wooden Signs

Behold the power of clear labels! I love to make gifts for friends and family. I also cherish homemade gifts. My dad once gave me a little train he made on a lathe with wood from our lillac tree growing up. I cried. (I don't think he was expecting that...) This is a great way to make a personalized gift and I always have the supplies on hand.
I use pre-cut wood, which is available at most craft stores, Avery clear full sheet labels, ribbons or other embellishments and I like to finish off the edges with a little sepia ink pad and a dauber. Using Adobe Illustrator work with a favorite quote to lay it out just the way I like. Adjusting colors, sizes and fonts is what really makes it fun. After I have it just how I like it I push "print". After carefully cutting out each word I gently peel of the back of the label and stick the word in place. It is not vinyl so don't expect it to weather the elements, but it does make a nice gift.
This one was for Wendy. Adjust the spacing and it says "Wendy Our Way"- and that's the way we like her! *smile*

No comments:

Post a Comment