Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Love Rocks

Love Rocks, yes it does!! To make sure that it stays that way I like to make a special gift to give to special friends before their special day- a rock.
It is amazing how a little package design goes a long way! A love rock is a rock that I paint to coordinate with a theme. This box has a "Love " theme, however, themes I have done have varied far from such a traditional route. Themes I have done include: tropical, autumn, sun flowers, forever yours, and fish. I know, who knew fish could be so romantic!?!

The idea, which is written in poetic verse on he inside cover, is that one partner hides the rock for the other partner to find. Good places are in the car, a lunch sack or suit case. More extreme hiding places are also fun however! Sometimes the rock stays hidden for months!

I paint each rock to match the theme and on the back I will include the couples anniversary. The rock is a reminder of their love for each other.

I love, love, LOVE, package design! I went into Illustration, but wonder if I should have gone into Graphic Design. Using Adobe Illustrator I designed and produced this box. It includes directions, bar code and for best result directions- (Use often!).

This is a fun tradition and something I look forward to creating each time I get a wedding announcement from a dear friend. If they are lucky, I will use their announcement photo in the packaging.

Cheers to new found love, and making it last!

No comments:

Post a Comment