Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Quilts



To quilt or not to quilt, that is the question. The answer is YES! This is a snap-shot of baby Joshua's first quilt. I have only created three quilts so far, but find it to be completely fascinating! I've had my sewing machine for just over a year now and just love it. The other day I mentioned to my mother, a fabulous seamstress, that I think this just might be in my blood. I have two sisters who have been sewing for years. My mother created all of our prom dresses and the wedding dresses of the three daughters that are married. I never took to sewing when I lived at home. I think it is something I had to learn on my own. It is wonderful to teach oneself a new trick, with a little help from friends! I'm always so proud of myself when I get out the sewing machine manual and figure out the solution to my own problem. I guess life may be the same way. We grow the most when we find ways of working out our problems instead having someone else fi everything for us. I must say I am super glad to have so many people to turn to when things turn sour though!

This quilt is a crazy 8s pattern that is truly crazy. It is done similar to a stack-n-slash, where you stack your fat-quarters and cut them all at once. It is a fairly quick project with fun results.

1 comment:

  1. Very cute....would like to have seen the whole quilt too!

    ReplyDelete