Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Memory Jar

I am a journal-er. Let's just get that out in the open. Truth be told, I've been doing it for awhile rather habitually. I am a creature that thrives on goals and has to be careful what I set out to do. On April 29, 1990, at the lovely age of 8, I asked my father what day it was. I then proceeded to tell him that from now on was going to write in my journal every day- and I have. Coincidentally this month will be my 20 year anniversary of this habit we call journal-ing.

As mother's day approached a few years back I decided to put my journals to work. Inside of this jar I wrote down journal entries about my mother that I had made over the years. After I had a sufficient collection on put them in this jar that I decorated.

I made this jar using paper, craft glue (Aleen's Tacky Glue) Pen and scissors. This was before I discovered the art of Quilling and had to make this up as I went. The little blue flowers are out of stars I punched out. I then curled to points up to give it a more organic look. Then with a little raffia, ribbon and my script-y hand-writing we were in business.

1 comment:

  1. Just finished reading through all of your posts! It will be nice for you to have a record of all your crazy projects and it will be fun to see what you come up with next!

    ReplyDelete