Friday, December 10, 2010

Nativity and Ornaments




It's been busy around here with all the great projects I've been excited about. Having said that, most of them are gifts so they will not be posted until after Christmas. I decided that to fill the void I would post projects from Christmas' past. Some of these may have been posted in previous months, but I thought they'd be fun to see again since it is Christmas time.

Sculpy Nativity
I made this in December of 2005 with great plans of selling it and more like it to set aside money to buy my hubby a bike. Ryan did not get a bike and I never parted with this miniature (less than 1" tall) Nativity.


Sculpy Gingerbread Ornaments
2005 Was the year of sculpy I suppose. I made these as gifts for family members and kept one for our tree. I had prepared to teach how to make them for an activity at Relief Society but the snow in good old Pennsylvania prevented that from ever happening.


REAL Gingerbread Ornaments
The first year that our little family had a real tree was in 2007. We had only had a miniature tree previous to that and did not have enough ornaments to fill up the massive tree we had hauled home. Ryan and I sat down and made these ornaments using the Scoville bakery recipe from Nauvoo. They smell delightful and are still being used this year.

My favorites every year are the Kangaroo and Pig. We have all the traditional shapes as well, but these are just more fun.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. I know I say the same dang thing each time, but here it goes again...... AMAZING! It is a privilege to call you my friend!

    ReplyDelete