Friday, December 10, 2010

Christmas Trees and Advent Box Calendar


Tis The Season!
Yes, I know we've all seen this before but it is just so cute on my wall that I had to repost it. I made this last January. We've waited all year to get it out and use it. Each day there is a chocolate and little ornament for the tree. The boys love it and I sure don't mind when it's my day to open a box and have a little sweet treat.
I hope in the future to fill the boxes with other items besides just treats. How fun would it be to have a different story to read each day, or Christmas song to sing. As is... we are just lucky to get the boxes opened every few days. We can dream big right?

Ribbon Tree
My Mom and youngest sister get the credit for this project. They found the idea, bought the supplies and all I had to do was sit there and follow directions. What a fun little project. My sister would have got an A+ on hers. If you look closely you will see that I'm at about a B / B+ level. Man, I can be sloppy!

Wooden Tree with Button Ornaments
My mom found something like this at the Cranberry Festival in Wisconsin and we got to thinking those four dangerous words "we could make that". I drew it out and my dad cut it out for me. He did let me put the grooves in all by myself. The painting was the fun part. Did you know you can buy paint snow in a jar! How fun, especially after adding the sparkles.
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

  1. Your ribbon tree totally would have gotten an A!! That was a fun project! I can't believe it has already been a year since we did that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe that your boys let you have a turn at the calender

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love mine! It's up in our living room.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the advent calendar!!! Where did you get the boxes? I want to make one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. They were just in the wedding department at Wal-Mart, or was it Michael's? I've purchased them at both places before.

    ReplyDelete