Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Bunny Hutches



HAPPY EASTER!!

Inspired by my friend Chris' Haunted Gingerbread houses. Now introducing Bunny Hutches! So fun and so delicious!
Step 1: Collect all the Easter Candy you want


Step 2: Forming the houses. I felt quite clever when I decided to use the $1.00 bird houses from Michael's. Using icing and Graham Crackers I spent an afternoon constructing these bad boys. Each of them is different. As circumstances would have it I had every kind of Easter candy in the house and yet no aluminum foil. Tissue Paper to the rescue! Each house is resting on a cardboard foundation wrapped in tissue paper. FUN!



Step 3: Decorate! Try not to have too much fun.



Step 4: Bask in the glory of your beautiful work... or whatever.

This was a great activity after our Easter Dinner on Sunday. Certainly this will be a fabulous tradition for years to come!
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

  1. glad you are back, like your new back ground!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooo...I want to adopt this tradition! It looks so yummy :) One of my family traditions is making Christmas Candy Trains instead of a gingerbread house (I'll have to tell you about them sometime).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your cute bunny hutches...like the name too :o) They look more fun than the gingerbread houses! Cute, cute!!

    ReplyDelete