Sunday, June 5, 2011

Quilted Piano Bench Cover

My mom made a beautiful little quilt a few years ago. On my last visit to MN I was the recipient of the scraps that were left. We decided they would be perfect for a piano bench cover for her piano. It worked out that most of the scraps were in strips. Perfect for Roman Squares. I cut the fabric into 2 1/2 " strips and got to work.


I sewed three strips to each other and then went back and cut the strips every 5" giving me these squares. The squares were then arranged and sew together making a Roman Square.


After I had three Roman Squares I pieced the rest of the quilt together.


Time for the fun part; quilting! Using my darning foot I machine quilted it with a few different designs. Now it's all ready to be a new cover for Mom's piano bench. Woot! Woot!

1 comment: