Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Twilight Snacks

Ah yes, that time has come again. We are counting down to the newest movie in the Twilight series to open in theaters. So of course I had to brush up on the first two movies "Twilight" and "New Moon" and what is a 5 hour movie night without a few snacks? Props to cullenboysanonymous.com for some excellent snack ideas.

This is Rosalie's Werewolf Kibble aka "Muddy Buddies" Delicious!


Blood-suckers snack, a very tasty treat... though very frustrating to make. I only burned myself once. This is Strawberry Banana flavored popcorn.


Anyone up for a vampire cookie? Yeah, I know this is a little gooey-gory, but hey, I just had to make them anyway. These are butter cookies, that I confess I made from a mix. I used Strawberry jam (with a little extra red food coloring) for the bite marks.
Okay, these fortune cookies were my favorite to make. I did not actually make the cookies, BUT I did have to microwave each of them for 30 seconds to soften them. After that I was able to take out the original fortune and add in a quote from either Jacob or Edward from the first two books. It was so fun to go back and reread quotes from the books. Using www.twilight-quotes.com I was able to find quotes by character for each of the books.

So, I have to confess, I've been feeling a little self-conscious of my love for the Twilight books. It seems that they have fallen out of popularity, or rather all the hype has made them sort of a joke. After going back and rereading parts of the first two books I have fallen in love all over again. Sure, the movies are fun and cheesy, but the books are excellent. Now I remember why I bought them. They are well worth the read. If you have not read them on principle, I highly recommend that you go ahead and give them a shot.

2 comments:

  1. You are truly amazing! Thanks for making our girls night that much more fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course your talent and your presence made the entire evening. Thanks so much for all that you do.

    ReplyDelete