Thursday, June 3, 2010

BAGS!

This was a really fun bag that didn't take too long to make. My friend Melissa and I went in on this one together and had a blast picking out our fabric together. Our bags will match, but hey, that's alright!

We found this free Charm Pack Tote pattern on line. The pattern was designed by Emma Corbett and Lisa Harper for Buttonberry.

It was a lot of fun to make and not a difficult project. The fun part was the quilting! The pattern itself does not require all the quilting I chose to do. I used a lot more thread than I planned on, but the results were great! I simply stippled / wandered all over the bag one inch at a time. It definitely took longer than I thought, but not too long. 2 or 3 sittings and I was done with the quilting.

This next bag is so fabulous I think! I found the pattern for free at AllPeopleQuilt.com. I went under their free projects and then searched under gifts and found lots of tote patterns. This is a reversible bag with one long handle and one short handle. You loop the longer one into the shorter one and viola! This is what you get!
It's a nice size for my wallet, sun glasses and cell phone and I can just stick the whole thing in my diaper bag if I need to. I love it, and so have several strangers!
This is usually on the insdide of the bag, but sometimes I reverse it when it matches my outfit better this way.

3 comments:

  1. Sooo CUTE!! I think they are great and are very you!
    P.S. Great title for the post. When I read the title I said it with a very strong Minnesotan accent.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! Where did you get the fabric?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got the fabric for the big one from Joann's. Melissa and I were walking around with like 24 bolts of fabric! The small one's fabric came from Mill End Textiles outlet in Eden Prairie, MN. I used to get dragged their all the time as a kid. Now I can't wait to go there!

    ReplyDelete