Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Lori Holt Apron Pattern

Today was a quiet day on Christmas break so I decided to pull out a pattern and fabric I have had on hand for a while just waiting to be sewn. This is a pattern by Lori Holt (from Bee in My Bonnet) called the One Yard Apron. It takes a fat quarter and 2 other fabrics totaling a yard, plus trim. The pattern is available on-line and locally at My Girl Friend's Quilt Shoppe in Logan.

I started by cutting out the pieces. Very easy.

Next I prepared the pockets and added trim. I decided to go with fabulous ric-rac.

I then sewed on the waist band.

Then I sewed up the ties and put them in place in the waist band.

Time for more trim, this time on the bottom edge. I went with a pistachio green ruffle.

I added more trim to the bottom of the apron and ... Ta-Dah! All Done.

No comments:

Post a Comment