Monday, February 14, 2011

Cupcakes!!!

I *heart* Cupcakes, yes, I do!! And where is the BEST place to get them? At "gigi's cupcakes" at Hilldale Mall in Madison. You have to go early in the day so there are lots to choose from. Being the smart lady that I am, I know that the best way to a man's heart is through his stomach, so... is was a cupcake Valentine's Day for Ryan!
Delicious, delicious, delicious! I also had a box with just one cupcake in it for me. (Don't worry, Ryan will be sharing those four as well...) The cupcake I had got dropped upside down in its box in the store. *sniffle*. It seemed to be okay, though a little smashed on top. On the drive home it again took a slight beating and ended upside down again! Fortunately there was plenty of frosting to take the blow. Finally at home I took out my tattered cupcake and set it on a plate so that I could cut off a portion for little Joshua. I handed it to him and then CRASH! Down went the cupcake, down went the plate. (The plate I've had for 8 1/2 years and has held off breaking until this very moment). You would think landing on a fluffy Raspberry Truffle cupcake would cushion such a fall, but no. Shards of glass showered onto my precious dessert. Happy Valentine's Day to me. BUT, Gigi's cupcakes are SO good I brushed off the glass, cleaned up the mess (well, actually Ryan did...) and I ate that cupcake darn it!
Okay, these are not "Gigi's" but not too shabby for Mrs. Connelly's first grade class I'd say. Unfortunately my son was sick and missed the Valentine's party today and these little masterpieces are still sitting on my counter being unappreciated. Oh well, there's always tomorrow... unless he is still sick, then they are going to Mrs. Miller's Kindergarten class with my other son.
Purple and Pink, my favorite colors! (I bet you are all really surprised.)
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. That little cupcake seemed to be doomed from the beginning! I would have eaten it too :o) Your cupcakes are very yummy looking!!

    So glad to have found your blog =D

    ReplyDelete