Sunday, July 11, 2010

Hugs and Squeezes


This is a pretty simple idea that can be made as complicated or as simple as you want. I first saw this when a family from our Church in MN was moving away. They brought Oranges and Hershey's Hugs and distributed them at Church on the Sunday before they moved to say Thank You to all of their friends and neighbors. Personally, I think it is more fun to give away to friends when they are moving. From experience I know that when you are in the process of moving, putting together fancy farewell gifts are not #1 on the priority list, and neither should they be!

This Friday my dear friend Jenni moved away to AZ. This is what I gave to her family to send them on their way. I'll admit it is pretty cute BUT, it doesn't hold a candle to what they deserve for all that they have done for me and my little family. I'm really going to miss Jenni, but she has got great things ahead of her. Including a winter with no snow! Woot! Woot! (Fortunatley she left me her snow shovels, because here in WI we still need them!)

These are images of a scaled down version I put together before we moved from Pennsylvania for some of our friends out there. Now, my friends here in Wisconsin don't get your hopes up. If we ever move from here don't be expecting any little trinkets from us! Just plan on bringing over your buckets and mops working your tail ends off! My glory days are over, it's time to be realistic!



No comments:

Post a Comment