Monday, September 12, 2011

Hospital Survival Kit

Today my Grandpa went in for a difficult surgery. The surgery went well, but he is in for a long recovery. My Grandma and Grandpa are my heroes and I look up to them so much. I don't like to think of Grandpa in a hospital. Hospitals are just not very fun places, so with the help of my boys we put together a Hospital Survival Kit for him with "hand-made" flowers and all!

To "tie" everything together I decided to go with a color scheme. To keep it simple I just went with GREEN. I don't think the world could have too much green satin ribbon. It just makes me happy! (and happy is good when you are in the hospital!)

The tag on these slippers says "Happy Feet = Happy Heart". So true...

"Shower Power" As much fun as the hospital generic soap is, I thought a little pampering was in order with this sponge, soap and shampoo pack.

"Game Time!" I had no idea there were so many different ways to play "word finds"! This really could provide hours of entertainment!

Here is a prescription worth taking! Lemon Drops! Grandpa has always had a stash of lemon drops in his office so I thought they would be a great little treat to include! Real Happy Pills!

Staying Hydrated is always important, and so is not mixing up your water bottle with someone else's! I don't think that will be a problem for Grandpa with this water bottle personalized with vinyl letters.

I don't know that any of this will really make a difference or help Grandpa recover better. I hope it does. It makes me feel better though, because I know he knows I care.
Love you Grandpa!

4 comments:

  1. What a sweet idea! I'm sure he LOVED it :o) I hope he gets feeling better soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love grandpa just from reading this! I think your basket will totally make a difference. We are all pulling for you, grandpa! Get well soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun cheery thing. He has to be the happiest Grandpa in any hospital today. Get well soon Grandpa!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a thoughtful gift! I Hope Grandpa has a speedy recovery!!!

    ReplyDelete