Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Postage Stamp Quilt

Every year my Grandparents send a little money to buy books for the boys for Christmas. I LOVE shopping for their books, and it is something I look forward to each December. She also sends a little gift money for me, but without instructions on how to use it. Last Christmas I had a GREAT idea. I went on line and bought myself this jelly roll of moda fabric and had it sent to my parent's house for Christmas. On the order their was a place to leave a message for the receiver. I had myself a little fun and wrote myself a note something like this:
"Dear Karin, You are such a great grand-daughter. We love you so much! Keep Sewing! Merry Christmas. Love, Grandma and Grandpa Andersen. " Hee Hee!
When my mom got the package and saw the note and what I had done she transferred the message to a real card and wrapped up the gift and set it under the tree. Christmas morning I got to open my gift and ooohh, aaaww at all the pretty fabric. I had already found the pattern I wanted to do: the Postage Stamp Quilt on modabakeshop.blogspot.com, and it made for one fun Christmas morning.

Sooo, I finally started my quilt in October. (It's been a busy year!)

It was fun to unroll the fabric and start pairing colors together.

I had the top pieced in a couple of days. It took me a few weeks to get back to quilting it. Once I did it didn't take too long from there. It then took one day to machine quilt, and two days for the hand binding.

And the end result: AWESOME if I say so myself!

I decided to use a "double bubble" pattern for the quilting. It was pretty easy to maneuver the fabric with my darning foot to get the effect.

Undecided on if I like the front or back the best.

Such happy colors! The fabric collection is called "Fresh Cotton" by Moda.


It's perfect for snuggling too!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment